My path to Udom Grocery was not a normal one by any stretch of the imagination. It started in Laos, a country 99% of Americans probably never even heard of, let alone would be able to place on a map. I had the time of my life there, and one of the contributing factors to my enjoyment of the small country, was the nation's drink of choice: Beerlao. A perfectly brewed lager that haunted my dreams every night once I returned home.
Playing around on the Internet one day, it was revealed to me that my beloved Beerlao was soon going to be distributed in the US. One of the stores that was eventually listed as carrying this nectar of the South East Asian gods, was Udom Grocery in Chinatown.
When I finally found the place, I was greeted by the extremely friendly owner of the shop, who couldn't stop praising my choice in beverage. Believe me friendly old guy, I know!!! I've been back a few times - to indulge in some Beerlao, and to provide patronage to one of the friendliest shop owners I've ever dealt with.
81 Bayard St
Ste A
(between Mulberry St & Mott St)
New York, NY 10013
Neighborhood: Chinatown
No comments:
Post a Comment